Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh My God, You're So Funny!!!

People, generally middle-aged men, will tell you the same joke over and over.  It's like they all get together and say, "alright fellas time to drive the young women of this world crazy, here are your lines".

When they walk through the door, "We've got a party of eighty-five coming in."
Usually I give it back to them and say, "oh okay, I think we can fit you out on the patio."
"You have a patio?"
"No, no we dont."
"Oh, well its just the two of us."
"Right this way." Smile

On the menu, we have smothered chicken: "So do you smother the chicken yourself?" AH HAHAHA
      "Yes I do, and I enjoy it" Smile.
Battered Fries: "So do you batter the fries yourself?" AH HAHAHA
      "Everyday.  I just batter the crap out of them" Smile.
Campfire sourdough bread: "Is it really done over a campfire?"
      "Sure is.  We employ boy scouts, and even though it's against the law to make them work that young, we           figure if we don't pay them its not like they're real employees. They're just playing with fire." Smile.

Sometimes they think it is funny and sometimes they look put off.  Here is the thing.  I'm a feisty bitch, and given a chance, I'll take it.  Don't dish it out if you can't take a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment